AnsweredAssumed Answered

Activiti build requirements

Question asked by mmaker1234 on Jan 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 by trademak
Hello Activiti developers,

I need to make some changes to the Activiti 5.11 sources. Unfortunately I have problems building it - some tests fail. What is strange, though, on each build different set of tests fail. That is why I tried to build the original, unmodified, sources.

Here are (excerpts from) the results of consecutive builds of the original source code:
C:\Projects\open_src\activiti-5.11_src\modules\activiti-engine>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects…

Results :

Failed tests:
  testQueryDateVariable(org.activiti.engine.test.api.runtime.ExecutionQueryTest)
  testQueryDateVariable(org.activiti.engine.test.api.runtime.ProcessInstanceQueryTest)
  testCompetingJobAcquisitions(org.activiti.engine.test.concurrency.CompetingJobAcquisitionTest)

Tests run: 1041, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
C:\Projects\open_src\activiti-5.11_src\modules\activiti-engine>mvn clean install
Results :

Failed tests:
  testQueryDateVariable(org.activiti.engine.test.api.runtime.ProcessInstanceQueryTest)

Tests run: 1041, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
C:\Projects\open_src\activiti-5.11_src\modules\activiti-engine>mvn clean install

Running org.activiti.engine.test.bpmn.event.timer.StartTimerEventTest
[INFO] ————————————————————————
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ————————————————————————

Strangely, as you can see, there was no results summary. The failed test is org.activiti.engine.test.api.runtime.ExecutionQueryTest

Results :

Tests run: 1041, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
Hooray, success!

Results :

Failed tests:
  testQueryDateVariable(org.activiti.engine.test.api.runtime.ExecutionQueryTest)
  testCompetingJobAcquisitions(org.activiti.engine.test.concurrency.CompetingJobAcquisitionTest)

Tests run: 1041, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
There were no changes in the code between the builds - just dumb start of the build. The builds were run in one console, i.e. in one and the same environment. The only difference might be that the console was not always on the top during the build and test process because I did other work, not at all related to Activiti, as the computer is my development one.

It seems there are some peculiarities of the build process, hence I would like to start with the dumbest question: What are the requirements (except the dependencies) to build Activiti 5.11 ?

Outcomes