AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to compile/run Activiti Designer Plugin

Question asked by sjmo on Jan 15, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 by peilers
After spending a lot of time I'm not able to get the Activiti Designer plugin compilable.

I preceed according the description (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACT/Activiti+Designer+Developer+Guide).

Therefore I made a new Installation from scratch
- Indigo RCP/RAP
- Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF) SDK
- Eclipse Graphiti SDK 0.9.1
- Subversive

After checking out the trunk (revision 223) within eclipse from https://github.com/Activiti/Activiti-Designer I switched over to the commandline and did execute
mvn clean eclipse:clean
and
mvn eclipse:eclipse

both commands was successful.

After this I switched back to the eclipse and made a refresh.

Up to this point everything seems to be ok.

But now I have a strange behavior:

1. According the description I should be able to perform the clean command. But this option is disabled (independant which node I select).
2. To run Designer, right click the org.activiti.designer.eclipse project and choose Run as > Eclipse application –> On my Installation I have only maven goals listed.
3. If I select the parent project (org.activiti.designer.parent) and try to run the target maven clean install the following output appears:

Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Parent project ……………. SUCCESS [0.093s]
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Libs …………………….. SUCCESS [0.343s]
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Integration ………………. SUCCESS [1.031s]
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Util …………………….. FAILURE [0.390s]
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Eclipse ………………….. SKIPPED
[INFO] Activiti Designer - GUI ……………………… SKIPPED
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Help …………………….. SKIPPED
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Validate BPMN 2.0 …………. SKIPPED
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Feature ………………….. SKIPPED
[INFO] Activiti Designer - Update site ………………. SKIPPED
[INFO] ————————————————————————
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 32.980s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 15 11:14:13 CET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 68M/163M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.16.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.activiti.designer.util: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] W:\activiti-designer-plugin\workspace\Activiti-Designer\org.activiti.designer.util\src\main\java\org\activiti\designer\util\workspace\BpmnProcessParser.java:[23,0]
[ERROR] import org.activiti.bpmn.model.Process;
…….

I know that this classes are in the enclosed activiti-bpmn-converter-5.12-SNAPSHOT.jar and activiti-bpmn-model-5.12-SNAPSHOT.jar, both located in the project
org.activiti.designer.libs

I also tried to run maven from the commandline -> same error.

Question: Do I need to put this jar to a special location (I tried to add the jars to the different projects but there is no way to add them as external jar or so.

To be sure, that I made something wrong, I asked my co-worker to try to get this project compilable (but he has the same problem).

I would be happy if someone could help me.

Many thanks, sjmo

Outcomes