AnsweredAssumed Answered

jar deployment for human tasks

Question asked by shizanu on Mar 4, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 by shizanu
Hello,

I am using the camunda fox community edition, which is activiti readily deployed on a jboss AS7.1

When trying to use expressions in human tasks I get the following problem:
The human task form generator in the activiti explorer doesn´t find my java classes deployed to the web-inf/lib directory, where I put them for service tasks (my Delegates for service tasks work fine and find all other classes as well).
I managed to get my .jar to load for the human tasks by putting them into jboss-as-7.1.0.Final\modules\com\camunda\fox\platform\fox-platform-service\main
Now my task forms generate fine, but when trying to access the result objects later, I get a ClassCastException, because while its the same type of objects, its from different .jars and java doesn´t like that. When loading the task form this doesn´t cause an error, because its first serialized to the db with one definition and then deserialized with the defition from the other jar, which works because its the same class.

Does someone know if this problem is specific to the camunda community edition? Or is there a special way to deploy custom java classes for human tasks in standard activiti as well?

best wishes
Shizanu

Outcomes