AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about activiti-rest.war and jobs

Question asked by groopk on Mar 11, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 by frederikheremans1
We are just in the beginning stages of prototyping with Activiti, and I have a couple of questions-

1) Is activiti-rest.war intended for production use?  We plan to use a standalone workflow engine and would like a rest api, so this would be a perfect fit for us.

1b)  Is there any rest client code already written that we can leverage? i.e. a domain model in java and something that maps the json responses from activiti-rest.war to the domain objects.  Not a big deal if we have to create this ourselves, but if there is already something available I would use it.

2) I have a question about "jobs" (the kind mentioned here: http://www.activiti.org/userguide/index.html#exclusiveJobs).  If I understand correctly, when a Java Service node is encountered while executing a workflow, activiti puts an entry in the database for that job to be completed. Then activiti goes into a wait state. Then a job executor picks up the job and executes it in a new thread. When the job is finished, activiti picks up the results and continues.  Is that accurate?

Thanks

Outcomes