AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Activiti 5.12 logging in WebLogic

Question asked by mmaker1234 on Mar 14, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 by mmaker1234
Hello Activiti developers,

I'm trying to collect the minimum set of support libraries Activiti 5.12 requires. Currently I found the libraries set to run seamlessly my standalone environment (in Ant).

The problem is that when I package Activiti and the set of supporting libraries with my application and deploy it on WebLogic I receive the following error:
Exception while initializing process engine: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.<init>(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:81)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.<init>(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:43)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.<init>(AbstractBeanFactory.java:176)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.<init>(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:159)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.<init>(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:158)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.BeansConfigurationHelper.parseProcessEngineConfiguration(BeansConfigurationHelper.java:32)
        at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.BeansConfigurationHelper.parseProcessEngineConfigurationFromInputStream(BeansConfigurationHelper.java:43)
        at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngineConfiguration.createProcessEngineConfigurationFromInputStream(ProcessEngineConfiguration.java:158)
        at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngineConfiguration.createProcessEngineConfigurationFromInputStream(ProcessEngineConfiguration.java:154)
        at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngines.buildProcessEngine(ProcessEngines.java:193)
        at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngines.initProcessEnginFromResource(ProcessEngines.java:167)
        at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngines.init(ProcessEngines.java:98)
        …
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
        at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:297)
        at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:270)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
        at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:179)
        … 40 more
The release notes for 5.12 mentioned that Activiti and its libraries were migrated to SLF4J.

Do I still need to provide commons-logging for Spring together with the SLF4J for Activiti?

Outcomes