AnsweredAssumed Answered

Replacement for BpmnParseListener.parseRootElement in 5.12

Question asked by joeysr20det on May 14, 2013
Latest reply on May 16, 2013 by sebastian.s
I've gone through the rather painful upgrade to 5.12 and have started refactoring my custom BpmnParseListener to individual BpmnParseHandlers as recommended by the user guide and I've just ran into a HUGE wall. There doesn't seem to be a handler for the old parseRootElement() method on BpmnParseListener. I have tons of code that re-iterates the BPMN XML to gather all kinds of tags and attributes that your parser skips over by default that I need for my custom diagram rendering: Text Annotations, incoming and outgoing messages (both inside and outside a process), all of the BPMN Data Modeling items like Data Store, Data Object, Data Associations, etc…

We use the Yaoqiang BPMN Editor to construct our workflow processes because the editor is very complete and seems to support just about all of the BPMN 2.0 spec. I use a customized ProcessDiagramGenerator and ProcessDiagramCanvas to render our own version of the "diagram" to show for a running process so it matches the thumbnail from the Yaoqiang editor. Now without the ability to re-iterate from the root of the BPMN XML I'm missing about half of the items on my test BPMN (that contains one of every kind of activity, event, gateway, data modeling object, etc.

What am I suppose to do now with the XML gone? Is there something I've missed?

Outcomes