AnsweredAssumed Answered

BusinessRuleTask as Service Task (Integration with external Drools engine) not working.

Question asked by rahulkrs on Jul 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 by rahulkrs
Hi ,

I am trying to use my own Drools engine for some reasons. I created a BusinessRuleTask somthing related to this:
<businessRuleTask id="businessRuleTask" activiti:class="com.my.RuleDelegate" /> I got into two issues:
1. I was expecting if I define a BusinessRuleTask as a ServiceTask then process engine wouldn't ask for Drools API, as my service is going to take care of it, but it is expecting specific Drools API at the time of deployment.

2. I am getting following error on starting the process:org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: deployment xxxx doesn't contain any rule
s.

I am not sure why it should look drl file in the deployment, as my RuleDelgate to take care of it, what i want to fake the BusinesssRuleTask with Service Task and this what exactly documentation says. ("if you want to plug in your implementation of the rule task, e.g. because you want to use Drools differently or you want to use a completly different rule engine, then you can use the class or expression attribute on the BusinessRuleTask and it will behave exactly like a ServiceTask" - Activiti User Guide 5.12.1)

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

)

Outcomes