AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connect activiti-rest to Alfresco Enterprise DB

Question asked by bpmarko on Aug 14, 2013
I am trying to access the Activiti engine inbuilt to my Alfresco install via the Activiti-Rest API, to get the full feature set not available from within  Alfresco. I changed the db.properties file seemingly correctly, and stopped the attempted creation of demo data by editing the Activiti-context.xml file. This resulted in the API trying to upgrade the schema, with terminal results. I stopped that via the databaseSchemaUpdate setting, but this continued to give an error on startup. I reinstalled and applied all settings so that no schema upgrade has been attempted at all and the startup gives this….

01:30:19,609 [main] ERROR org.activiti.rest.servlet.ActivitiServletContextListener  - Error starting the Activiti REST API
org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: couldn't initialize process engine from spring configuration resource file:/C:/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/activiti-rest/WEB-INF/classes/activiti-context.xml: null
   at org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngines.initProcessEngineFromSpringResource(ProcessEngines.java:130)
……
   … 28 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processEngine': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.activiti.engine.ActivitiWrongDbException: version mismatch: activiti library version is '5.13', db version is 5.7 Hint: Set <property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" to value="true" or value="create-drop" (use create-drop for testing only!) in bean processEngineConfiguration in activiti.cfg.xml for automatic schema creation
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:149)
etc etc

Can anyone please tell me if there is there any way to use the Activiti REST API against an Alfresco Enterprise install of Activiti?

Cheers,

Bernard

Outcomes