AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parallel Gateway - set priority to execution path

Question asked by raghuraman on Dec 25, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 by jbarrez
Hi,

I have parallel gateway with two sequences , one has listener and another one has Message catch event. The listener executes first and throws an message to another process instance and again its throwing message back to another sequence of parallel gateway. but by this time message catch event in parallel hasnt reached. I mean its not there in the subscription table yet to receive the message.

below is the query which is trying to throw a message from another process to current parallel gateway message catch
exec.getEngineServices().getRuntimeService().createExecutionQuery().messageEventSubscriptionName(messageName).processInstanceId(id) thrown null pointer exception .

What I observed here is, though its parallel gateway , its not concurrent thread. So it executes sequence. Is it possible to set the priority set sequence flow in the gateway to make particular sequence flow to execute first?
or anyother way to achieve this?

In the above scenario, I want message catch sequence flow executed first before sequence flow which has listener.

Outcomes