AnsweredAssumed Answered

BusinessRuleTask question

Question asked by user8p on Jan 7, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 by martin.grofcik
Hi,

I was hoping to plug in external rules engine using the way I read in Activiti user guide -
if you want to plug in your implementation of the rule task, e.g. because you want to use Drools differently or you want to use a completly different rule engine, then you can use the class or expression attribute on the BusinessRuleTask and it will behave exactly like a ServiceTask

However with as simple implementation as below, I am getting org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: deployment 5 doesn't contain any rules error -

<businessRuleTask id="businessRuleTask" activiti:class="${MyRuleServiceDelegate}" />

Stacktrace -
org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: deployment 5 doesn't contain any rules
org.activiti.engine.impl.rules.RulesHelper.findKnowledgeBaseByDeploymentId(RulesHelper.java:51)
org.activiti.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.BusinessRuleTaskActivityBehavior.execute(BusinessRuleTaskActivityBehavior.java:48)

I looked at the classes in stack-trace (RulesHelper.java and BusinessRuleTaskActivityBehavior.java),  activiti process engine still tries to find KnowledgeBase. Is this expected when we are trying use an external drools engine? Please advise.

Outcomes