AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating correct 'Deployment artifacts' in JAR und BAR files

Question asked by werners on Mar 20, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 by jbarrez
Hi all,
i know that the point was discussed several times but i would be glad if someone could give me some advice concerning the files in deployment process.

Until now i was able to explore the Process-Engine with configuration and to get it runnable into the JVM.
Now i would like to put all the things together and get the example process running (with one Java-Service Task in).

INFO: For these people who know the book "Activit in Action", I’m trying the get the example running from the company LoanSharks with one Script, one Service Task and the sending email in case of denies loan request.

Situation:
In the book it is written, that after execution of the ant script there should be two files (the .bar file with the process description, and a jar file with the logic of the service task.)
If my understanding is correct, i have to create these both files either with the ant-script or generally with the command "create deployment artifacts" in the context menu of the package explorer.
No matter how these both files were created, the *.bar file is deployed to the activiti explorer (either via Web functionality or Activiti API) an the JAR file (with the servicetask class inside) is deployed into the folder webapps/activiti-explorer/WEB-INF/lib in the Tomcat directory.
What i did:
I created the both files with the ant script and deployed the bar-file to the repository and copied the JAR into  "webapps/activiti-explorer/WEB-INF/lib"
When i start now the process manually in the browser in process explorer, i got the message  "couldn't instantiate class org.bpmnwithactiviti.chapter5.CreateApplicationTask".

I took a look inside the JAR file and saw that the file does not contain any java-class file but only the  folders "META-INF" with the manifest.mf and the folder "\org\bpmnwithactiviti\chapter5"

Due the fact that the command "create deployment artifacts" seems to be without any function  (execpt the creation of the empty folder "deployment") and error message, i assume that there is something wrong in my configuration or that some files aren't there where they should be. But without any error message i was unable to find out the reason.

Could someone give me please an advice what i have overlooked?
Because i can't add a screenshot of eclipse, i added a dir list of my eclipse project folder.

Many thanks in advance.

Werner

Attachments

Outcomes