AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deployment * doesn't contain any rules

Question asked by cdwhitcombe on Apr 8, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 by martin.grofcik
I've been working on accessing drools rules from within an activiti process and whatever I do doesn't seem to allow this to load up. Reading the forums I have checked to ensure I have the custom post deployers, ensured I have dependencies in the POM that others have stated they have missed, checked with logging up to trace and torn my rule back to a very basic check.

Looking at what is going on in the logs I can see the rules and BPMN file are both found and appear to be loaded into the DB, from there I try to set a variable and fire the process off. I have confirmed (by dropping in a script) that the process is invoked, but I cant figure out why it cant find the business rule.

I have also got the Activiti In Action book but that doesn't cover the use case I have, I don't want to use anything other than the activiti engine (i.e. no rest, no activiti explorer, etc) I just want to be able to do this in code, specifically I don't want to do this in a test case as per the book. Currently I'm using H2 but once this is proven will move to a permanent DB.

Everything has been pretty seamless up to this point so I am guessing its a configuration thing, but I cant find any posts or info that cover this case.

It seems I can only add .txt attachments to my posts here so I've uploaded a very stripped down test project to my blog to demonstrate this not working: http://www.bite-code.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ActivitiDrools.zip

Would appreciate any pointers to what I may have missed.

Thanks,

Chris

Outcomes