AnsweredAssumed Answered

REST API call gets stuck intermittently

Question asked by soorejnair on May 18, 2014
Latest reply on May 19, 2014 by soorejnair
Hi,

First of all, kudos to the Activiti team for a great BPM software. After researching several BPM softwares we decided to go with Activiti.

So as you might have guessed I am new to Activiti Engine and running into a issue with an initial POC.

I have deployed the out of the box activiti-explorer and activiti REST application, (activiti version 5.15.1) on Tomcat with a MySQL DB on Google Compute Engine.

I am writing a client application which talks to activiti engine through the REST API (cool REST support !!). But I am facing an intermittent issue with the REST call, it gets stuck and my client times out.
When this happens on the server side access logs I see the first request is returned for the basic authentication (http status code 401) and the second request after authentication is never completed.

So in successful secenario I see both requests.
"GET /activiti-rest/service/repository/process-definitions HTTP/1.1" 401 73
"GET /activiti-rest/service/repository/process-definitions HTTP/1.1" 6992

And an error scenario looks like this, (second request is not full filled)
"GET /activiti-rest/service/repository/process-definitions HTTP/1.1" 401 73

When this happens I don't see any errors on the tomcat logs, once I restart the tomcat everything works fine till the time it get stuck again.

I do get an error while restarting tomcat (not sure it is related to the above error)
SEVERE: Exception loading sessions from persistent storage
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.activiti.workflow.simple.converter.json.SimpleWorkflowJsonConverter
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1354)
        …..
        ….
Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.activiti.workflow.simple.converter.json.SimpleWorkflowJsonConverter
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1183)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1547)
        ….

Any ideas?

Also is there an easy way to turn off Basic Authentication in REST call? I wanted to try that to see if this goes way.

Thanks
SSN       

Outcomes