AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to use archive as offline plugin installation

Question asked by andrew.stubbs on May 19, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 by wsalembi
My development environment is set up in such a way that it is (unavoidably) unable to connect to the internet, new software must be transferred manually.

I attempted to install the activiti-designer plugin via the latest archive at http://www.activiti.org/designer/archived/ (activiti-designer-5.14.1.zip), as accessing the update site directly is not possible for me.

However I am unable to install the plugin, receiving the following error message when trying to install from the archive in Eclipse Kepler:

<blockcode>
Cannot complete the software install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer 5.14.1 (org.activiti.designer.feature.feature.group 5.14.1)
Missing requirement: Activiti Designer - GUI 5.14.1 (org.activiti.designer.gui 5.14.1) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.emf 0.0.0' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
  From: Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer 5.14.1 (org.activiti.designer.feature.feature.group 5.14.1)
  To: org.activiti.designer.gui [5.14.1]
</blockcode>

My understanding was that by using the archived file directly I would be able to install the activiti-designer plugin offline, was this incorrect?
Should this work, but I've missed another dependency I need to install manually first? I tried searching for the requirement but seemed to be linked back to the original update site or some git repositories.

Outcomes