AnsweredAssumed Answered

Activiti 5.15.1 query processes startable by group ??

Question asked by sistemasmunicipales on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 by sistemasmunicipales
Hi, after some research in this forum and the web, I came to the conclusion that the method in Java API org.activiti.engine.repository.ProcessDefinitionQuery.startableByUser(String userId) should return the prcesses that could be started directly by the user (as defined in XML activiti:candidateStarterUsers="user1, user2") AND the processes that can be started by the groups that the user belongs to (XML activiti:candidateStarterGroups="group1" ). In fact, after checking the source code jar, it seems that it IS what the method should return. But I only get the processes that have the <activiti:candidateStarterUsers> defined, not the ones that my user belongs to.
Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

XML:
<process id="Prueba_multi_instancia_v4" name="Prueba MI call ac con collection - V4" isExecutable="true" activiti:candidateStarterGroups="w_rentas_comercio_adm">

JAVA:
List<ProcessDefinition> listaProceso = repos.createProcessDefinitionQuery().startableByUser("my user").list();

The user is effectively linked to the group, checked in the Activiti Explorer and the database.

Any help will be appreciated.

As a side note - If I export from the explorer a deployed process' xml the activiti:candidateStarterUsers and activiti:candidateStarterUsers properties are not included. Double checked - importing and exporting several times with different process definitions.

Thanks in advance
Esteban

Outcomes