AnsweredAssumed Answered

EL expression for failedJobRetryTimeCycle

Question asked by andreas1 on Sep 22, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 by andreas1
Hi all

Since Activiti 5.16 the number of retries and the retry-wait-time can be configured like posted here:
https://app.camunda.com/confluence/display/foxUserGuide/Custom+Job+Retry+Strategy

I tried to provide the interval-expression as an EL-expression (like in every other places in Activiti) like this:

<serviceTask id="mySubmitTask" name="Submit order to Kurepo" activiti:async="true" activiti:delegateExpression="${mySubmitDelegate}">                        
    <extensionElements>
        <activiti:failedJobRetryTimeCycle>${jobRetryInterval}</activiti:failedJobRetryTimeCycle>
    </extensionElements>
</serviceTask>

where ${jobRetryInterval} resolves to a string-bean of value R10/PT1M

It looks like this is not supported, I always get this error:

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: failedJobRetryTimeCylcle has wrong format:${jobRetryInterval}
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.JobRetryCmd.execute(JobRetryCmd.java:94)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:24)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:57)
   at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:47)
   at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:133)
   at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:45)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:31)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:40)
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.jobexecutor.FailedJobListener.execute(FailedJobListener.java:48)
   at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionContext$4.afterCompletion(SpringTransactionContext.java:97)
   at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationUtils.invokeAfterCompletion(TransactionSynchronizationUtils.java:168)

Do I really have to hardcode the interval-expression in the bpmn20.xml?

Thanks for any hints.
Regards
Andreas

Outcomes