AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error Boundary Event and Modeler bpmn XML failure

Question asked by skay on Nov 21, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 by skay
Hello,

This is my use case / see BPMN attached to reproduce this.

The piece of bpmn here atached "MainProcess" has been generated from the Eclipse plugin.
No problem. I can run it as a JUnit, and even import into Activiti Explorer : I'm happy with this.

BUT
When I comte to Activiti Modeler, if I Edit my bpmn / or event save if without any changes, I'm no longer able to deploy it.
This is the error :

CREATE OF BPMN XML FAILED

Errors while parsing:
[Validation set: 'activiti-executable-process' | Problem: 'activiti-boundary-event-no-event-definition'] : Event definition is missing from boundary event - [Extra info : processDefinitionId = MainProcess | processDefinitionName = MainProcess |  | id = boundaryerror1 |  | activityName = Error | ] ( line: 9, column: 82)

The validation mismatch come from the "error boundary event".
Activiti Modeler needs the "error code" value / though this seems not to be mandatory when editing with the Eclipe plugin.
And this is NOT necessary when directly importing bpmn.

Now I know that difference, but I'm puzzeled : does that mean that there are 2 diffrent validators ? 1 for the direct BPMN import and one other that is serving only the Activiti Modeler Workspace ? Or is this just a bug of the BPMN generator of the Activiti Modeler ?

Thank you for your help !

Attachments

Outcomes