AnsweredAssumed Answered

Roadblocks while learning Activiti BPM - Help!

Question asked by kunalsuri on Apr 13, 2015
Latest reply on May 18, 2015 by jbarrez
Hi Guys,

I am a new user to Activiti BPM ( 1 week Old) and I have got a bit lost while creating my first dummy process. I have tried to follow various tutorials that I could get my hands on but still have some issues!

I come from a background where we often research on workflows, BPM and SOA technologies and we currently use Eclipse Stardust BPM and JBoss Fuse ESB for majority of our work.

Recently, I was introduced to Activiti BPM and wanted to get myself well acquainted with the software as it looks nice :)

Thus, I would kindly request you to help me to remove my road blocks

My Problems:

1. I got confused between Activti BPM 5.17 and Alfresco Activiti BPM 1.2 :

I requested for a Trail version of Alfresco Activiti 1.2, installed it and try to run my Process.
I was able to create a simple the Step Process, provide interesting Forms in User/Manual Activities etc but I got lost once I started creating a BPMN diagram. Even after watching some demos I was not able to understand it.
I got error like users not defined and had no clue how to run/ deploy the BPMN process in the Alfresco engine? Or I am not sure even if we can deploy the BPMN process there?

2. I tried to use the Eclipse Activity Project and designer and saw some demo on creating a BPMN Process, Create the Deployment Artifacts (.bar file) and loading it to Activiti 5.17 , but this confused me further!

I)  Can I upload the BPMN Process only to Activity 5.17 (Activiti- Explore) ? Or even to Alfresco Activiti?

II) How to use a WSDL for a service task ?
Do I need to manually edit the BPMN2.0 xml file ?
I am not able to see any place in the designer where I can give the WSDL file and it will help to create a request -response atributes?
I just see the place for Java code!

I am sorry for this long question but it would be really useful for me to get more understanding of Activiti BPM.

Thus, could you please provide me some pointers or links to docucments/ videos where I can see end-to-end process created and executed on Activiti BPM or Alfresco Activiti 1.2

Thanks in Advance!
Kunal.

Outcomes