AnsweredAssumed Answered

JNDI datasource configuration

Question asked by kjozsa on Jun 23, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 by geekonspace
I am installing Activiti 5.17.0 and would like to use a JNDI-based datasource configuration to connect to an Oracle DB. The documentation I found here: http://www.activiti.org/userguide/#jndiDatasourceConfig is very explicit about making this change but the docs seems to be obsolete.

In particular, I found no activiti-standalone-context.xml and no activiti-context.xml. I assume it got changed to activiti-custom-context.xml, but the whole content of this Spring configuration is commented out (which makes me wonder where the actual Spring config might come from).

I tried to configure the datasource in this file anyway using various Spring methods (<jee:jndi-lookup> or the JndiObjectFactoryBean way shown in the Activiti docs, playing around with the expected-type option, etc., but all my attempts ended up in a ClassCastException, claiming that the generated Proxy class is not an instance of javax.sql.DataSource.

Any hints how to accomplish to this task? Maybe a pointer to an up-to-date documentation? Thanks a lot in advance!

Outcomes