AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple receive tasks waiting for signal at the same time

Question asked by kenrobrt on Jul 8, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 by trademak
Hi,

I use Activiti + Camel in my program. Simply put the program is a "form signing application" where I have a form that needs to be signed by a group of people. When everyone has signed the form, the signed form is archived and we're done.

So in my BPMN diagram, I fetch the contact email of one person, then use parallel gateway which goes to fetch next person's contact details and which creates a subprocess. Subprocess has a receive task which waits for a message that person has signed the form. When person signs, subprocess is killed and we mark that person has signed the form.

So if there's person A, B and C, then 3 subprocess have been created and 3 receive tasks wait for a signal that form has been signed. So when one person signs the form, I call the receive task from Camel like this:

<to uri="activiti:SigningProcess:WaitForNotificationForSignatureTask"/>

Problem is that I get the following exception:
ActivitiException: Query return 3 results instead of max 1.

So I guess it does that because there's 3 receive tasks waiting for a message and when I call the task, Activiti gets confused which 3 of them I'm calling. My program logic doesn't really care which one of them I'm calling so I'd like to arbitrarily call one of them and move on, is this possible?

Outcomes