AnsweredAssumed Answered

Re-Try user task

Question asked by prabhanjan on Jul 29, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 by prabhanjan
Dear Team,

We are using ACTIVITI 5.17.

We have a requirement from client which I am unable to map to Activiti features. Client wants that an admin user should be able to rollback any "User Task" to any of the previous stage at any point of time.

For example, following is my process, where "A", "B", "C" and "D" are user tasks

start –> A –> B –> C –> D –>end

Client want that at any point of time during a single process execution, an admin user should be able to rollback workflow execution from state "D" to any of "A" "B" or "C".

Is that possible in Activiti?

I have read another post mentioned below which had a similar requirement and the suggestion was to 'change execution activity' using 'managementService.executeCommand'.

http://forums.activiti.org/content/user-task-rollback

I have looked at all the commands that are available in ACTIVITI API and could not find a command to change execution activity.

1) Is this feature directly avaliable in ACTIVITI? If yes, could you please share the details?
2) Are we suppose to write this command?

If I try to delete the current active task to go back to previous user task using below command, I get an error saying the task is active and mapped to the execution.

managementService.executeCommand(new DeleteTaskCmd());

Thanks in advance for you help!

Outcomes