AnsweredAssumed Answered

Activiti, CDI and EJB problem

Question asked by espe on Aug 5, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 by vasile.dirla
Hello,
New to Activiti trying to migrate an existing solution to Activiti logic. Because of this I want to minimize the impact and reuse the same old EJBs I was using before by invoking them from Activiti's service tasks. Application server is Weblogic. What I did:

Created programmatically the process engine

CdiStandaloneProcessEngineConfiguration processEngineConfiguration = new CdiStandaloneProcessEngineConfiguration();
      processEngineConfiguration.setProcessEngineName("default");
      processEngineConfiguration.setDataSourceJndiName("JDBC_xxx");
      processEngineConfiguration.setDatabaseType("oracle");
      processEngineConfiguration.setTransactionsExternallyManaged(false);
      processEngineConfiguration.setJobExecutorActivate(true);
      processEngine = processEngineConfiguration.buildProcessEngine();

Created a test bean with one operation

@Stateless
@LocalBean
@Named
public class Dummy {
    public void print() {
                System.out….
         }
}

Created a simple definition with one service task and form properties trying to invoke the bean mentioned above

<serviceTask id="servicetask1" name="Service Task" activiti:expression="#{dummy.print()}"></serviceTask>

Initiated the process instance

RuntimeService runtimeService = processEngine.getRuntimeService();
runtimeService.startProcessInstanceByKey("myProcess");

and I am getting nothing. Not even an exception. As if everything is ignored. And obviously System.out statement never executes. So, am I missing something here? Do I need to configure my beans somewhere else? Just to mention that code (beans, processEngine creation etc) exists in different packages.
I also tried with activiti:expression="dummy.print()", as mentioned in the guide but still no luck.
From other tests that I made, I am sure that definition gets loaded and Activiti engine is properly configured overall.

Outcomes