AnsweredAssumed Answered

version 6 activiti-app and activiti-rest deployment problem on tomcat

Question asked by pclaeys on Sep 8, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 by k82cn
Hi,
I'm just trying out the new activiti 6 beta1 and spent some time wondering about this strange behavior - maybe it's a bug ; or maybe some others might be helped when they encounter this issue:
What I did:
- using Tomcat7  and postrgres 9.3 as database
- downloaded activiti-rest and activiti-app ; and copied to the tomcat webapps filder; added postgres driver in the lib folder; and modified the two properties to point both applications to the the postgres database.

Then the weird behavior is:
- When both war's are present in the webapss folder; and THEN I start Tomcat, the deployment fails after 2 minutes on
Sep 08, 2015 2:27:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.activiti.servlet.WebConfigurer
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bootstrapper': Injection of autowired ……
… *********at lot of nested exectpions **********
….; nested exception is org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: couldn't check if tables are already present using metadata: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

- When only activti-rest.war is present in the webapps folder; then I start tomcat; deployment is fine.
While leaving tomcat running, and I then copy the activiti-app.war to the webapps folder; it is also deployed correctly and everything works.

It feels a bit like a race condition or a locking problem, so I tried configuring both webapps so they use a different postgres database (both on the same instance on my local machine, though). That didn't make a difference.
It got me wondering though: are activiti-app and activiti-rest supposed to point to the same database? (there is a forum thread where someone claims the opposite - but I would be surprised by this - see http://forums.activiti.org/content/postgres-db-error-upon-restarting-activiti-app).

Not urgent for me; but if someone has any toughts on what might be the cause, that might clear some fog.

Apart from this issue: very nice gui in the activiti-app , congrats!

Outcomes