AnsweredAssumed Answered

LDAP REST configuration returns an error

Question asked by lossril on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 by jbarrez
I've tried to add LDAP configuration to Activiti REST webapp. How I did it:
1. Got myself a default Activiti 5.17 REST webapp (simply downloaded it, no builds)
2. Changed the engine.properties, db.properties and activiti-custom-context in the WEB-INF/classes folder of the webapp (see attachments)
3. Added Activiti LDAP jarfile to WEB-INF/lib folder.
4. Started the Tomcat up.

Now it does connect to LDAP for sure - it asks for AD credentials when I try to get something from REST, but I get the error for literally any REST query:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A granted authority textual representation is required
   org.springframework.util.Assert.hasText(Assert.java:162)
   org.springframework.security.core.authority.SimpleGrantedAuthority.<init>(SimpleGrantedAuthority.java:23)
   org.activiti.rest.security.BasicAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(BasicAuthenticationProvider.java:34)
   org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:156)
   org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:168)
   org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
   org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
   org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
   org.springframework.security.web.header.HeaderWriterFilter.doFilterInternal(HeaderWriterFilter.java:57)
   org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
   org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
   org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
   org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
   org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
   org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
   org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:344)
   org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:261)

Google does not actually help me on it: I get the idea it falls apart somewhere in the Spring part but have no clue what to do about it.
Any ideas?

Outcomes