AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database configuration problem

Question asked by danielporter on Feb 22, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 by martin.grofcik
Hi there,

I'm trying to configure activiti to use PostgreSQL. I have Postgres running on a remote server at port 5432. I copy pasted the 3 db creation scripts into PgAdmin and ran them on a database named "activiti". I'm getting a long list of exceptions, of which I'm only posting part. The main part seems to be "Driver must not be null." I found another post (https://forums.activiti.org/content/change-dbproperties-mysql-issue) that says this is probably a database configuration issue. I'm looking at my database conf file and don't see what's wrong. I wonder if someone here could point me in the right direction. Following is the database conf and part of the error.

File db.properties:
db=postgres
jdbc.driver=org.postgres.Driver
jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://server:5432/activiti
jdbc.username=postgres
jdbc.password=postgres

Error:
"org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'demoDataConfiguration': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: protected org.activiti.engine.IdentityService org.activiti.explorer.conf.DemoDataConfiguration.identityService; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'identityService' defined in class path resource [org/activiti/explorer/conf/ActivitiEngineConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.activiti.engine.IdentityService]: Factory method 'identityService' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processEngine' defined in class path resource [org/activiti/explorer/conf/ActivitiEngineConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.activiti.engine.ProcessEngine]: Factory method 'processEngine' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processEngineFactoryBean': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Driver must not be null
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:334)

Outcomes