AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting : org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Unknown property used in expression: ${courseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask}

Question asked by mansi on Aug 2, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 by faizal-manan
Hi,

I have created two beans for serviceTasks as under:

<bean id="checkCourseWorkflowInitiator" class="edu.bc.eagleapps.course.activiti.servicetask.CheckCourseWorkflowInitiator" >
        <property name="serviceLocatorService" ref="serviceLocatorService" />
    </bean>

<bean id="courseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask"            class="edu.bc.eagleapps.course.activiti.servicetask.CourseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask" >
        <property name="serviceLocatorService" ref="serviceLocatorService" />
    </bean>

And I mention it in my process bpmn file as under: using activiti:delegateExpression

<serviceTask id="sid-C8ED341D-B0C8-4A01-BA01-D6995834967A"
           name="Check if initiator belongs to student services"
           activiti:delegateExpression="${checkCourseWorkflowInitiator}" >
     </serviceTask>

<serviceTask id="sid-24755FD3-22CE-4EDC-B83E-3FFB0D36F375"
           name="Change the State of the course to Draft and Put the course proposal in the reviewers outbox"
           activiti:delegateExpression="${courseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask}"  >
     </serviceTask>

Now the issue is the first activiti:delegateExpression="${checkCourseWorkflowInitiator}"  works fine but the same configuration done for later activiti:delegateExpression="${courseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask}" fails with error

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Unknown property used in expression: ${courseWorkflowRequestDraftedServiceTask}
   at org.activiti.engine.impl.el.JuelExpression.getValue(JuelExpression.java:53)

Outcomes