AnsweredAssumed Answered

Skip doesn't work when user task assigned to group

Question asked by dan1 on Aug 8, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 by dan1
Running 5.21 with postgresql DB.

I have a very simple process with 2 steps. First is a groovy script to enable skip by setting _ACTIVITI_SKIP_EXPRESSION_ENABLED to true. Second is a user task with a skip expression. The start form prompts whether or to skip the user task.

If the user task is assigned to a person (i.e. initiator) and the initiator elects to skip the user task, all works well. See snippet below. The complete process is in the Skip_Initiator_Task.bpmn_.txt attachment.

<userTask id="userTask1" name="User Task 1" activiti:assignee="${initiator}" activiti:skipExpression="${skipUserTask1 == true}"></userTask>

If the user task is assigned to a group (e.g. engineering) and the initiator elects to skip the user task, the process fails and we get a traceback. See snippet below. The complete process is in the Skip_Group_Task.bpmn_.txt attachment. See tracebacks in tracebacks.txt attachment.

<userTask id="userTask1" name="User Task 1" activiti:candidateGroups="engineering" activiti:skipExpression="${skipUserTask1 == true}"></userTask>

Is this a known issue? I know that I could work around this using gateways. However, I would really like to leverage skip for my purpose.

Thanks,
Dan

Outcomes