cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moro
Member II

Gateway timeout accessing sites from WAN with mobile app

Hi everybody,

I've recently installed alfresco 5.1 on my ubuntu 16.04 server and managed to get it behind my Apache reverse proxy and making it accessible from the Internet.

I'm now trying the android mobile app but - weird - it works well in LAN (where my internal DNS point the FQDN to the apache reverse proxy server), while it's not able to retrieve the repository of a site from an external connection, giving me a:

An Error occurred: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisRuntimeException: Gateway Time-out

I'm able to configure the application from the internet, pointing it to my FQDN, I can browse sites, check my tasks, but whenever I try to fetch files from the main repository or from a site repo, I'll get that error (screenshot in the attachment).

There shouldn't be any difference, both the requests from LAN or WAN are routed to my apache reverse proxy and - by the way - accessing share folder from the outside with any device (https://alfresco.mydomain.com) works great..

Do you have any idea? I haven't find any clue in any log file...

Thank you

1 Reply
moro
Member II

Re: Gateway timeout accessing sites from WAN with mobile app

Ok, I found where my - stupid - problem was, I hope that this post will help other newbies like me:

the mobile app was working in my local environment because it was pointing directly to alfresco server, even if I had configured it with the FQDN;

in order to make cmis use FQDN you have to modify ../tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties this way:

# Override if using proxy server, change to true
# if true, the context path of OpenCMIS generated urls will be set to "opencmis.context.value", otherwise it will be taken from the request url
opencmis.context.override=false
opencmis.context.value=
# if true, the servlet path of OpenCMIS generated urls will be set to "opencmis.servletpath.value", otherwise it will be taken from the request url
opencmis.servletpath.override=false
opencmis.servletpath.value=
opencmis.server.override=true
opencmis.server.value=https://alfresco.mydomain.com