Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackboyle
Member II

Dataload Benchmark Framework failing to load files

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm currently trying to load data in to an alfresco testing environment using the benchmark framework and the dataload tool. The tool can create sites, add users and sometimes create files and folders. No failures show up on the benchmark framework web interface. 

The "schedule site loaders" event is completed, scheduling 8 site loaders. However after this, the site loaders are never used and the "schedule site loaders" event keeps being called saying that it "raised 0 events and rescheduled self".

While no failures are listed on the front end, in the command line terminal for the dataload tool there are 8 "json can't serialize type : class org.alfresco.bm.cm.FolderData" exceptions listed.

I am running these tests on Centos 7.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jackboyle
Member II

Re: Dataload Benchmark Framework failing to load files

Jump to solution

For anyone experiencing the same issue, the route of the problem was an issue with authentication for the test users I was using.

However this issue was hidden because the code that catches this type of error has a bug in it, namely line 319 of "dataload/src/main/java/org/alfresco/bm/dataload/SiteFolderLoader.java".

This line reads ".append("folder", folder)". This line can be commented out as a quick fix. It seems like the FolderData type is not serializeable as json. This might not fix what is causing the dataload to fail but it will allow the program to at least print out information about the underlying error. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jackboyle
Member II

Re: Dataload Benchmark Framework failing to load files

Jump to solution

For anyone experiencing the same issue, the route of the problem was an issue with authentication for the test users I was using.

However this issue was hidden because the code that catches this type of error has a bug in it, namely line 319 of "dataload/src/main/java/org/alfresco/bm/dataload/SiteFolderLoader.java".

This line reads ".append("folder", folder)". This line can be commented out as a quick fix. It seems like the FolderData type is not serializeable as json. This might not fix what is causing the dataload to fail but it will allow the program to at least print out information about the underlying error.