cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiten_rastogi1
Established Member

How to move user back to documentlibrary after Move action

Hi,

I would like to know how I can move back user to documentlibrary when user initiates a move action from document preview page. The use case is described below.

There are two folders A and B, user XYZ have permission to folder A and not to folder B. Now, when XYZ moves a file to folder B from A he should ideally not see it but when XYZ moves a file using action Move from document preview page he is able to move the file but he is also able to view the file as the page does not refresh merely the path changes, as can be seen from the breadcrumb, it changes from CompanyHome-->Site-->documentlibrary-->A to CompanyHome-->Site-->documentlibrary-->B.

I would really like to know how I can prevent the user from viewing the file in my case, as moving the the user back to documentlibrary page will not allow the XYZ to see B folder where  the file currently reside after move action. Please suggest me a way to how I can achieve this via refreshing the page or any other method.

Thanks 

Hiten Rastogi

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: How to move user back to documentlibrary after Move action

How can the user even move the file in that folder when he shouldn't be able to see it / its contents in the first place?

You would have to implement a custom move action via the standard extension points for document library actions, so you can perform a custom page redicrection yourself after the move completes. There is no way to change the default refresh (when the path updates) to perform anything else except for hard overrides of the function, which should be avoided.