Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in one rest call?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krithikasridhar

Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in one rest call?

Jump to solution

I would like to assign multiple task or a list of tasks to single user in one REST API call to activiti.Is this possible in activiti? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thuynh
Established Member II

Re: Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in one rest call?

Jump to solution

Hi krithikasridhar ,

Unfortunately, I just got confirm from my supervisor that this is currently not available out of the box. 

Having said that, keep in mind that Activiti is open source, which means you have total control over the source code. You can add your own REST endpoint like Niklas Menke  suggested given that you understand the code base well enough to do it properly.

Also, you can submit feature request to JIRA using this guideline: Activiti User Guide 

Thanks,

Thong

bp3‌

View solution in original post

7 Replies
thuynh
Established Member II

Re: Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in one rest call?

Jump to solution

Hi krithikasridhar ,

Activiti provides REST API to update a task. Here's the docs Activiti User Guide 

In order to update multiple tasks, you just have to provide a list of task ids and create a REST call for each of the ids.

Does this work for you?

Thanks,

Thong Huynh

krithikasridhar

Re: Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in  one rest call?

Jump to solution

Hi @Thong Huynh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I believe I wasn't very clear in the previous statement. what I want to is do a bulk upload of the list of tasks for one user. Instead of doing upload for each task.

Is there any way to pass in a list of task at a time and map the assignee to all these tasks instead of calling and mapping for each task.

I would like to do this as I am  going to assign these set of tasks to a single user.

thuynh
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi krithikasridhar ,

I guess the bulk update, task assignment in particular, is not available since the current REST API as I have mentioned is only taking 1 variable. Also, it's a PUT method instead of a POST or PATCH and it doesn't take a list of resources. I am seeking advice from my supervisor Greg Harley and I can confirm with you more. 

Is this a blocker for you? 

Thanks,

Thong Huynh

krithikasridhar

Re: Is it possible to pass multiple tasks or a list of task to a single user in  one rest call?

Jump to solution

I wouldn't call it a blocker as I can iterate each value and proceed. However this will make several calls to activiti. So, if I could get a better solution I will highly appreciate it.

nikmenke
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi krithikasridhar,

you could implement your own rest endpoint to avoid those multiple calls.

thuynh
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi krithikasridhar ,

Unfortunately, I just got confirm from my supervisor that this is currently not available out of the box. 

Having said that, keep in mind that Activiti is open source, which means you have total control over the source code. You can add your own REST endpoint like Niklas Menke  suggested given that you understand the code base well enough to do it properly.

Also, you can submit feature request to JIRA using this guideline: Activiti User Guide 

Thanks,

Thong

bp3‌

krithikasridhar

Jump to solution

Hi Thong Huynh,

Sorry for the late reply. I took the iterative route for now.

Also I have created a task in jira(ACT-4260)

Thank you!