I am in the middle of the migration process to Alfresco, and I am stuck in a problem which I do not know exactly how to approach.
The previous system provided a generated code for each document, according to the type of document to be recorded. That means that, given a certain classification, the id number of the document would be one or another.
I've created a model, which provides a series of options to user to classify the document. (testModel.xml). Information has been modified in order to avoid any confidentiality issues.
The desired behavior would be:
- Select a Project Code from a given List: ADD - Administration Division; DIR - Director; or END - Engineering Division. Let's select the DIR - Director option, as an example.
- Select a System Code from a given List: GD - General Documents; or PM – Project Management. Let's select in this case the GD - General Documents, to follow the example.
- Write a System Number, free text (E.g.: 1)
- Select a Subsystem Code from a given List: AL Alignment; or CM Component. Let's select in this case the CM Component, to follow the example.
- Write a Family identification, free text (E.g.: F)
- Select a Doc Type Code from a given List: MG Management General; VI Visit Report;.... Let's select in this case MG Management General.
Once selected these options, there must be a new field on the properties, which would concatenate the codes of each category and a sequence number. In this case, the code would be: DIR-GD1CMF-MG-0001.
Thank you so much for your help!