AnsweredAssumed Answered

Internal email settings to work w/ Office 365

Question asked by scamby on Feb 9, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 by scamby

I am in the middle of setting up the internal email settings in order for a folder in a test Alfresco site to be able to receive email when addressed to the added alias (as directed in Inbound SMTP configuration properties | Alfresco Documentation  and Configuring inbound email | Alfresco Documentation).  But I can't get it to work.  I think the issue is what I have the email.server.domain property set to.  We use Office 365/Exchange Online for our email.  I want to be able to have our internal fax server email received faxes to the aforementioned folder (alias of "receivedfaxes").  It is currently able to email them to a public folder in Office 365.  My question is what should I set the email.server.domain property to?  Should it be outlook.office365.com, pop.office365.com, smtp.office365.com, gracemg-com.mail.protection.outlook.com (used by our copiers to send emails) or something else?  Do I need to do anything on our Office 365 or internal DNS setup?  Are there any other settings I need to verify? 

Outcomes