AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workflows developed with Designer extension show blank without extension

Question asked by blezek on Feb 10, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 by blezek

We have developed an Actviti Designer extension that holds some custom tasks for our application.  If I develop a workflow containing the custom tasks from the extension, and then load the workflow in a vanilla version of Designer, i.e. without our extension installed, I get a totally blank workflow.

If I re-create the same workflow without using our custom extension and compare, the "activiti:extensionID" attribute on the "<serviceTask>" tag is the only difference.  For example:

With Extension:

<serviceTask id="_SeriesRouter.ClassifySeries" name="Classify Series" activiti:class="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.task.ClassifySeriesTask" activiti:extensionId="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.designer.ClassifySeriesItem"></serviceTask>

Without Extension:

<serviceTask id="servicetask2" name="Classify Series" activiti:class="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.task.ClassifySeriesTask"></serviceTask>

Is there an easy way to make the workflow be editable without my custom extension?  It is very confusing to our users.  We could strip the "activiti:extensionID" attributes, and I think that would make it work...  but I'd rather not do that.

Edit: If I remove the "extensionID" attributes, the workflow shows up just fine without our Designer extension being installed.

Thanks,

-dan

Outcomes