[Alfresco 4.2] Maximum ACP file size for import?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasdrew
Member II

[Alfresco 4.2] Maximum ACP file size for import?

Jump to solution

I am working with a fully on-prem implementation of Alfresco 4.2. What is the maximum file size for an ACP that I'm manually uploading via the GUI?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas D.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: [Alfresco 4.2] Maximum ACP file size for import?

Jump to solution

Hi:

By default in Alfresco, there is no limits on the side for uploading, but if you talk about importing an ACP file I succeed importing ACPs between 0.5Gb-2Gb. This number may be bigger. Anyway, it depends "more" on the number of documents, folder structure, properties, and permissions inside.

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

By default in Alfresco, there is no limits on the side for uploading, but if you talk about importing an ACP file I succeed importing ACPs between 0.5Gb-2Gb. This number may be bigger. Anyway, it depends "more" on the number of documents, folder structure, properties, and permissions inside.

Regards.

--C.

thomasdrew
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Cesar. This is perfect as I'm just looking for a guideline as I'm describing how to create an ACP to a group of people.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Just FYI: There is no hard limit but there is always an implicit technical limit. It does not matter how big the ACP itself is (as long as there is no upload file size limit), but how large the files contained in the ACP are when decompressed. All of the files contained in the ACP will be unpacked into the temporary files location of the app server, and when there is not enough space on disk you have hit an implicit technical limit.

thomasdrew
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Axel, good to know. Is the temporary files location always the same size, or is it a custom size that I should ask my administrator?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The size of the temporary files location depends on the size of your local partition on which it is located and any other files / folders that may consume space on it.