cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vojtechm

Extension of task-instances workflow webscript

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to extend workflow webscript org/alfresco/repository/workflow/task-instances for one argument more.

What is the best practice in this case? I know that I must override the task-instances.get.desc.xml file and add my argument to <URL> and <args> section but what else? Is there some webscript's "main" JS file which I can extend to ensure the functionality?

Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Extension of task-instances workflow webscript

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that web script is implemented as a Java-backed web script. Extending it is generally pretty tricky. The class in question is "TaskInstancesGet" found in the alfresco-remote-api sub-project. Modifying the task-instances.get.desc.xml is not necessary at all for adding a new URL parameter - URL parameters included in the "url" element of that file are purely informative and there is no functional requirement to list them there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that web script is implemented as a Java-backed web script. Extending it is generally pretty tricky. The class in question is "TaskInstancesGet" found in the alfresco-remote-api sub-project. Modifying the task-instances.get.desc.xml is not necessary at all for adding a new URL parameter - URL parameters included in the "url" element of that file are purely informative and there is no functional requirement to list them there.

vojtechm

Jump to solution

Hello,

that helped me a lot!

In case I want to override bean id of alfresco-remote-api sub-project "webscript.org.alfresco.repository.workflow.task-instances.get", what would be the best place to put my custom java files with *-context.xml file for alfresco to load such bean?

Thank you.

vojtechm

Jump to solution

Ok, I found the answer - Customizing bean files | Alfresco Documentation 

Thank you for help.