Is it possible to use webdav (without NTML challenge) when NTLM SSO is enabled ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cesarista
Customer

Is it possible to use webdav (without NTML challenge) when NTLM SSO is enabled ?

Jump to solution

Hi:

Maybe you can help me with this question. When SSO is enabled in Alfresco (ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=true), for example with the default Alfresco authentication subsystem (Alfresco NTLM), I have problems when authenticating via webdav if not using NTLM credentials. It is always requiring a NTLM challenge.

Is this possible ? Is there a back door for webdav like Share SSO log in bypass ?.

This is the case for the subset of users using webdav from a Linux machine or using Libreoffice as client for online edition (without NTLM credentials).

Regards.

--C.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to use webdav (without NTML challenge) when NTLM SSO is enabled ?

Jump to solution

This is an older question but I'll answer anyway since there is no response yet.

There is no backdoor / work-around way to login for WebDAV like there is for Alfresco Share, if you try to access WebDAV like a Windows shared drive. The Windows Explorer is not capable of handling any sort of redirect to a login page as far as I am aware.

An alternative might be to provide two WebDAV endpoints by editing the web.xml and including another servlet for WebDAV that is not guarded by the SSO authentication filter. If you don't want NTLM authentication you simply use a different URL for WebDAV than for WebDAV with SSL.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Is it possible to use webdav (without NTML challenge) when NTLM SSO is enabled ?

Jump to solution

This is an older question but I'll answer anyway since there is no response yet.

There is no backdoor / work-around way to login for WebDAV like there is for Alfresco Share, if you try to access WebDAV like a Windows shared drive. The Windows Explorer is not capable of handling any sort of redirect to a login page as far as I am aware.

An alternative might be to provide two WebDAV endpoints by editing the web.xml and including another servlet for WebDAV that is not guarded by the SSO authentication filter. If you don't want NTLM authentication you simply use a different URL for WebDAV than for WebDAV with SSL.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation (and alternatives) 

Regards.

--C.