AnsweredAssumed Answered

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Could not find an implementation of the org.activiti.cdi.spi.ProcessEngineLookup

Question asked by sherin_mvs on Feb 28, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 by sherin_mvs

Hi,

I am new to Activiti.Migrating an application from jboss to weblogic 12c, where I am facing the below exception.We are using activiti version 5.14.

I have the file org.activiti.cdi.spi.ProcessEngineLookup under META-INF/services with the fully qualified class name of  ProcessEngineLookup implementation.

Also tried forcibly loading ProcessEngineLookup  implementation by the following snippet in weblogic.xml present under META-INF of ear

<prefer-application-resources>
        <resource-name>META-INF/services/org.activiti.cdi.spi.ProcessEngineLookup</resource-name>
    </prefer-application-resources>

Not sure what I am missing.

Exception:

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Could not find an implementation of the org.activiti.cdi.spi.ProcessEngineLookup service returning a non-null processEngine. Giving up.
    at org.activiti.cdi.impl.ActivitiExtension.lookupProcessEngine(ActivitiExtension.java:106)
    at org.activiti.cdi.impl.ActivitiExtension.afterDeploymentValidation(ActivitiExtension.java:68)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.jboss.weld.injection.StaticMethodInjectionPoint.invoke(StaticMethodInjectionPoint.java:88)
    at org.jboss.weld.injection.MethodInvocationStrategy$SpecialParamPlusBeanManagerStrategy.invoke(MethodInvocationStrategy.java:144)
    at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ObserverMethodImpl.java:309)
    at org.jboss.weld.event.ExtensionObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ExtensionObserverMethodImpl.java:124)

Outcomes