cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xiaoluo
Member II

The preview for PDF doesn't work.

Hello,

I get problem with soffice on one server. When 80 users  uploaded and previewed documents simultaneously, tomcat can't be able to access. If 80 users uploaded documents only, the system can work. I think it should be caused by the document transformation. Anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have idea to solve?

Thank you.

Linux 64bits, Alfresco 5.0.a
3 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: The preview for PDF doesn't work.

Have you tried watching your system vitals (like RAM and CPU) while you are doing this test? Transformations are resource intense. I suspect your system is not provisioned to handle such a load.

xiaoluo
Member II

When i was doing this test, soffice.bin used a lot of memory and after that  alfresco can't be able to access. So i tried an another test that  running  LibreOffice (4.0) on a different server. But the problem is still the same. Why can't alfresco be able to access after running LibreOffice on a different server?

jpotts
Professional

How much memory does your system have? How much memory have you allocated to Alfresco? How big are the files you are trying to transform? What version of Alfresco are you running?