Does alfresco community has aciviti explorer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasobhraj
Established Member

Does alfresco community has aciviti explorer?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have seen this youtube link of alfresco activiti Alfresco Activiti simple demo (no audio) - YouTube  .

Does alfresco community version has activiti explorer where we can design model and workflows and deploy them by front end itself . Currently am following the below

Following files created for each workflow

• xxxx-activiti-Model.xml --> workflow model. For defining properties of workflow (fields to save data, form keys).
  • xxxx.bpmn --> workflow file.
  • xxxx-content-model.xml --> for defining document properties for the document attached in bpm package, values will assign by completion of task execution.
  • xxxx-model-context.xml --> for defining the beans. Mapping the content model file. Defining the delegates  (java class used for service tasks) used in workflow

Following files updated whenever a new workflow is created

• example-model-context.xml --> the workflow bpmn and model files are mapped in this.
  • share-config-custom.xml --> updated with the workflow start activiti, formkey, node (document properties display) , advanced search

and am copying this files to shared location in alfresco server.

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Does alfresco community has aciviti explorer?

Jump to solution

HI,

The easiest way to get started is to:

1. Download Activiti Community Edition fro here: Download Now | Activiti.org 
2. Extract the zip file into the location of choice.

3. Create a tomcat servlet engine (lots of instructions online of how to do this).

4. Place the activiti-explorer.war in the webapps directory of your tomcat installation.

5. Restart tomcat.

6. You will now have a fully functioning Activiti instance at http://localhost:8080/activiti-explorer

7. login using the default credentials kermit/kermit

This should let you look around and get to know the environment.

Keep in mind, this instance will be running with an in memory h2 database, so all your changes will be lost on restart of the tomcat server. The Activiti users guide can guide you through how to change the backing database.

Hope this helps,

Greg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunilkumartk

Jump to solution

YES !

Please try out yourself

prasobhraj
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Sunil,

Can you please help me to do that .?

jearles
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Do you currently have an instance of Activiti-Explorer running? If not, please start there - then I can answer any other questions you have.

-JEarles

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

HI,

The easiest way to get started is to:

1. Download Activiti Community Edition fro here: Download Now | Activiti.org 
2. Extract the zip file into the location of choice.

3. Create a tomcat servlet engine (lots of instructions online of how to do this).

4. Place the activiti-explorer.war in the webapps directory of your tomcat installation.

5. Restart tomcat.

6. You will now have a fully functioning Activiti instance at http://localhost:8080/activiti-explorer

7. login using the default credentials kermit/kermit

This should let you look around and get to know the environment.

Keep in mind, this instance will be running with an in memory h2 database, so all your changes will be lost on restart of the tomcat server. The Activiti users guide can guide you through how to change the backing database.

Hope this helps,

Greg

prasobhraj
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Jo,

I am already have the working  activiti explorer and was used for some workflows. my wish was to use the same with alfresco. but community edition doesn't have the acitviti explorer. i tried to make it by changing the db properties of activiti to alfresco db and i tried with latest version of activiti , upgraded the db as a testing . it got upgraded, task also showing in activiti explorer, but with some error. this might not be the right way. i just did as a test