LDAP configuration with Alfresco ECM 5.2.0 201702 (latest version)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okaboudan
Active Member II

LDAP configuration with Alfresco ECM 5.2.0 201702 (latest version)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am attempting to configure Alfresco with LDAP (Microsoft Active Directory), problem is:

1- I wanted to follow this guide:

Configuring LDAP (Active Directory) | Alfresco Documentation 

But I didn't find the directories section in the admin console, all I have isSmiley Frustratedystem Summary, consoles, Support tools.

But as this guide was for v5.04 not v5.2, I figured there might be changes, so:

2- I searched for the same version as mine (201702) and tried to follow this video guide:

Configuring LDAP | Alfresco Documentation 

But going into the path:

"C:\alfresco-community\tomcat\webapps\alfresco\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\subsystems\Authentication"

There are 4 folders, none of them is called LDAP like the video suggested

3 - This page has important information but not the "how to" configure

Alfresco Community Edition security | Alfresco Documentation 

Can someone kindly guide me to the way to make this configuration out of the box ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: LDAP configuration with Alfresco ECM 5.2.0 201702 (latest version)

Jump to solution

if you use the query   objectclass=group  you should also get the system groups.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the video is based on Alfresco 4.2 where these files still existed in exploded form. They still exist in Alfresco 5.2 (201702) but now they are packaged within the JAR files since they should not be modified directly. The best documentation page to start you off would be about configuring LDAP with *.properties files or via alfresco-global.properties.

okaboudan
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'm trying to follow the examples now.

One thing I wanted to ask, the admin console should be accessible at "http://<your-host-name>:<alfresco-port>    /alfresco/service/enterprise/admin" but in my case it isn't, I had to look for it and found it at:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco/s/admin/admin-communitysummary 

1- Is this normal in v5.2 ?

2- Even when I access the admin console, the sections I see are only "System Summary, consoles, Support tools", while in many parts of the documentation, it mentions other options like the "Email Services" for example:

• Open the Admin Console.
  • In the Email Services section, click Inbound Email.

Managing inbound emails | Alfresco Documentation 

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The documentation you are looking at is for the Enterprise Edition of Alfresco. Though Community Edition and Enterprise Edition are quite similar, they differ in the Admin Console set of tools. The Community Edition by default only comes with the barest minimum of tools (Node Browser, Workflow, Model + Messages Console).

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

As Axel already mentioned, you don't have the console you're searching for on alfresco community. You have to configure LDAP-Sync and Authentication via the .../alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties file.

Dependent on what you want't to achieve, the configuration can be quite tricky, but synchronizing the AD Users to alfresco is straight forward and documented in the alfresco docs. If you have questions on setting the right parameters, I could provide a sample config here.

okaboudan
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks Martin, I was able to get the AD synchronization working correctly, however I had a question, is there an option to import the AD specific groups like domain_controllers, administrators...etc ?

I know this is rarely ever useful, but I'm curious.

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

if you use the query   objectclass=group  you should also get the system groups.

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

by the way: I use Apache directory studio to test/Build my ldap queries 

okaboudan
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Nice, I'll give it a try