Jump to solution

how do i add or select a content type for a document i'm uploading

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: content type selection when uploading

Jump to solution

The addon Uploader Plus allows selection of a content type as well as entering any metadata during upload. The legacy Flash / HTML default uploaders also provide option to select the content type. They require either overriding of the web script controller JS or post-processing via a Surf extension module to define the list of content types (by default the list only has one entry and for that reason no select is shown). But such a customisation does not affect the drag-and-drop upload.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The addon Uploader Plus allows selection of a content type as well as entering any metadata during upload. The legacy Flash / HTML default uploaders also provide option to select the content type. They require either overriding of the web script controller JS or post-processing via a Surf extension module to define the list of content types (by default the list only has one entry and for that reason no select is shown). But such a customisation does not affect the drag-and-drop upload.

jameela_n

Jump to solution

I have installed uploader plus but when i navigate to Admin tools to the Uploader Plus i see an error "data error" under Upload Folders ,Path. Im using the 5.1 Alfresco installation.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Have you installed the repository side AMP too?

Make sure you install both share and repository AMPs.

jameela_n

Jump to solution

Hi , I had to uninstall Alfresco and reinstall.Then install Uploader Plus ,it works now.