Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
villdre
Active Member II

OpenSSL Related Error in CE 5.1 and 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi

I have written a bash script that uses SCP to copy files to another server on the same LAN.

Eg. scp /opt/alfresco_associated/tomcat/temp/Alfresco/_source_4939853286195544661.tiff ocruser@10.16.0.6:/opt/ocr/data/temp/eng_119045725.tiff

If I execute this script directly using the terminal, it works without error. If I call it from Alfresco (in Java) I get the below error message:

/usr/bin/ssh: relocation error: /usr/bin/ssh: symbol EVP_enc_null, version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.0.0 with link time reference lost connection

Both source and target machines are running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server.

I have tried:

apt update

apt upgrade

Note: I don't get this error with Alfresco Community 5.0.d. But I do get this error with Alfresco Community 5.1 and 5.2. Perhaps something to do with the OpenSSL libraries that come bundled with 5.1 and 5.2 ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vipul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
villdre
Active Member II

Re: OpenSSL Related Error in CE 5.1 and 5.2

Jump to solution

I have fixed this by adding the below line to the top of my Bash script:

#Reset LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, as it is set by tomcatexport LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""

This resets the environment variable that Tomcat is setting to point to custom libraries. For the session of the script, the default libraries are called.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

How are you invoking that from Java exactly? Can you share the code? I suspect there is something missing from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar when you are executing it from Java.

villdre
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks Jeff ... I am calling it from a class that extends the "ActionExecuterAbstractBaseClass" ... attaching the relevant Java classes and the Context Bean XML.

Also attaching the "setenv.sh" from the tomcat folder (this is the OOB version).

villdre
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I have fixed this by adding the below line to the top of my Bash script:

#Reset LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, as it is set by tomcatexport LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""

This resets the environment variable that Tomcat is setting to point to custom libraries. For the session of the script, the default libraries are called.