Does the 5.2 Community version of Alfresco support SAML?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfortenberry
Member II

Does the 5.2 Community version of Alfresco support SAML?

Jump to solution

We would like to implement SSO for Alfresco but are struggling to find good documentation on whether the community version supports SAML or OpenID.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idwright

Re: Does the 5.2 Community version of Alfresco support SAML?

Jump to solution

There is a new SAML module under development but it's for enterprise only, and as far as I know, nearly ready rather than available now.

I use CAS for SSO - GitHub - wrighting/alfresco-cas: A project designed to show how to integrate Alfresco with CAS singl..., other methods/techniques are available in the docs but the really short answer is that if you can configure something to supply a value for getRemoteUser in the request then you can probably make it work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idwright

Jump to solution

There is a new SAML module under development but it's for enterprise only, and as far as I know, nearly ready rather than available now.

I use CAS for SSO - GitHub - wrighting/alfresco-cas: A project designed to show how to integrate Alfresco with CAS singl..., other methods/techniques are available in the docs but the really short answer is that if you can configure something to supply a value for getRemoteUser in the request then you can probably make it work.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Last I heard the Enterprise SAML module should be ready by now (worked with a customer that got EA earlier this year with a release date in Januar/Februrary).