It was always annoying that documents from some systems had Calibri or Cambria fonts, and these never looked good in the Alfresco previews, nor the generated PDF.
Today we finally spent some time and resolved it - not so hard after all. We added an update to a slightly old thread on AskUbuntu here:LibreOffice command line font substitution at pptx to pdf conversion - Ask Ubuntu
...but in case that gets lost, relevant details are repeated below.
On FreeBSD 10.x/Ubuntu 14.x, install the ChromeOS font equivalents Carlito and Caladea respectively.
$ pkg search cros
$ sudo pkg install crosextrafonts-caladea-20130214_1 crosextrafonts-carlito-20130920_2
$ sudo apt-get install fonts-crosextra-carlito fonts-crosextra-caladea
May need to run:
$ fc-cache -r
$ fc-match Calibri
Carlito-Regular.ttf: "Carlito" "Regular"
$ fc-match Cambria
Caladea-Regular.ttf: "Caladea" "Regular"
It may also need a restart of the LO instance - we did for completeness.