AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to force Activiti to retry a failed service task attached to a boundary event?

Question asked by douglascrp Moderator on Apr 10, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2017 by douglascrp

I am using the Activiti engine embeded with Alfresco 5.0.d.

In my workflow I have some boundary events, all of them attached with some service tasks used to send emails about expired tasks.

There are moments where, because of connectivity issues, Alfresco is unable to reach the mail server, and as the execution fails, users receive no emails.

I was looking at the database tables, and I found out this one ACT_RU_JOB.

In that table, I see the failed task is there.

Is it possible to force Activiti to retry it by updating any of the table's columns?

This is the register I am talking about:

| ID_   | REV_ | TYPE_ | LOCK_EXP_TIME_ | LOCK_OWNER_ | EXCLUSIVE_ | EXECUTION_ID_ | PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID_ | PROC_DEF_ID_           | RETRIES_ | EXCEPTION_STACK_ID_ | EXCEPTION_MSG_                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | DUEDATE_            | REPEAT_ | HANDLER_TYPE_    | HANDLER_CFG_   | TENANT_ID_ |
+-------+------+-------+----------------+-------------+------------+---------------+----------------------+------------------------+----------+---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+---------+------------------+----------------+------------+
| 43144 |    7 | timer | NULL           | NULL        |          1 | 43143         | 43061                | termo_quitacao:3:41904 |        0 | 44747               | 03070039 Failed to execute supplied script: Error creating bean with name 'mail' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-repository-5.0.d.jar!/alfresco/subsystems/email/OutboundSMTP/outboundSMTP-context.xml]:... | 2017-04-07 10:27:40 | NULL    | timer-transition | boundarytimer1 |            |

Thank you.

Outcomes