How can I make a Share Page (Aikau) can be accessed without login?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sychel

How can I make a Share Page (Aikau) can be accessed without login?

Hi Everyone, I've made an Aikau page, what I want to achieve is to make this page public, so anyone can view this page without login.

So how can I make it? I'm quite confused.

Many thanks, guys

4 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: How can I make a Share Page (Aikau) can be accessed without login?

There's an old thread https://community.alfresco.com/thread/174558-guest-anonymous-access-to-public-site stating, that this is not possible :-( 

But you could probably set a "default user" with minimal rights to your alfresco site that is coded in the request header, when using apache as a reverse-proxy and configure alfrescos external authentication. You'd have to be

- extremely careful (do not open your complete alfresco)

- be aware, that all users are able to login into alfresco with the default user and could be a security threat for you

- don't do this when using alfresco in the internet

It would be more secure to use a kind of html page, but you won't be able to access alfresco resources when you are not logged in (could still silently login with a minimal-rights user via javascript+REST Api, but would have the same problems as above) . 

sychel

Thanks to AFaust and alfbot from irc, after wrapped Aikau page into Surf, it all works

The example I refer to listed below:

GitHub - aviriel/wrap-aikau-into-surf: Wrapping Aikau pages into Surf pages in Alfresco Share 

mehe
Senior Member II

Then I didn't get your question - I thought that you also wanted to display resources that are stored in alfresco.

sychel

Yes, I displayed certain content that are stored in Alfresco on my Aikau page, however the question is when I configured the authentication, it seems like it's not working on Aikau page.  Since I succeed after embedded Aikau into Surf, I suppose authentication configuration is not working with Aikau.

And very much thank you for your answer Smiley Embarassed