How to override/extend aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/SiteService.js

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiten_rastogi1
Established Member

How to override/extend aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/SiteService.js

Hi,

I am using SDK 3.0 and CE 5.2. I want to override aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/SiteService.js and the corresponding properties file aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/i18n/SiteService.properties. 

How can I override these files ?

Thanks

Hiten Rastogi

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to override/extend aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/SiteService.js

There is no way to reliably "override" these files. They are JAR-packaged and the path is based on the Aikau JAR version - so you would also have to provide an override for any version of Aikau that may be located on the classpath.

I recommend not trying to override these files - instead create an extension of the service and provide customisations to replace the usage of "alfresco/services/SiteService" with your custom service in the JSON model.

hiten_rastogi1
Established Member

Re: How to override/extend aikau/src/main/resources/alfresco/services/SiteService.js

Thanks Alex,

Can you please point to me an example that can help me in extending the service and replacing the i18n property file with my custom property file.

afaust
Master

I don't have an example for that specific service, but the principle is similar to how you would extend any module. E.g. my small ProcessWidgets.js extension could serve as an example as well.