cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darius
Member II

alfresco-global.properties file encrypting

Hello,

I am using Alfresco Community 201605. In configuration file alfresco-global.properties are my LDAP username and password visible for other. In Alfresco documentation i have found how to encrypt properties in this file

http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/tasks/encryption-process-flow.html

But this is for Alfresco One - not for Alfresco community. I tried to download the alfresco-community-5.0.d.zip where should be alfresco-spring-encryptor.jar file for encrypting. But there was no such file.

Is it possible to encrypt my LDAP data in the alfresco-global.properties file ?

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: alfresco-global.properties file encrypting

There is no support for encrypted properties in default Alfresco Community. I am not aware of any addons that might provide the same functionality but there is no reason why it should not be possible for someone to develop this if necessary / required.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

And even in Alfresco Enterprise, there are some limitations on what properties, and what type of properties you can encrypt. Check this: 

Encrypting configuration properties | Alfresco Documentation 

In the list for example, they don't include any ldap property. Regarding the other users of the OS that may read the files that contain passwords (excluding the user who runs the alfresco process), the security considerations say that you should "chmod 600" on that files. The same should apply on files in contentstore for example.

Regards.

--C.

cesarista
Customer

I answer myself. In 5.2. EE it appears ldap.synchronization.java.naming.security.credentials, but not in previous versions.

Encrypting properties | Alfresco Documentation (5.2)

--C.