What is the difference between user task form keys?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnature
Established Member

What is the difference between user task form keys?

Hi.

I am new and I am using Alfresco 5.1 community version.

I have tried all predefined form keys for alfresco user task and I can't see difference between wf:adhocTask, wf:completedAdhocTask, wf:approvedTask, wf:rejectedTask.

I have realized that there are 3 kinds of task.

1) AdhocTask (wf:adhocTask, wf:completedAdhocTask, wf:approvedTask, wf:rejectedTask) you can set status, write comment and make task done.

2) ReviewTask (wf:activitiReviewTask) you can set status, write comment and approve or reject task

3) ParallelTask (wf:approvedParallelTask, wf:rejectedParallelTask) you can set status, write comment, claim and make task done.

What is the difference between wf:adhocTask, wf:completedAdhocTask, wf:approvedTask, wf:rejectedTask or wf:approvedParallelTask, wf:rejectedParallelTask?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: What is the difference between user task form keys?

In the default form keys there are very little differences. They originate from the out-of-the-box workflows and - in my opinion - should never be used in custom workflows. You typically create custom workflow models for your tasks along with custom form configurations in Share. Since the default workflows are extremely simplistic / trivial, their data models (associated via the form key) don't differ that much and for the most part only provide very common/generic properties.